Kyiv reports first attack in weeks as Ukraine launches counterattacks in Sievierodonetsk | DW News



Kyiv mayor Vitali Klitschko confirmed that the first attacks on the city in weeks had indeed taken place, after explosions were heard overnight. Klitschko said missiles had hit unspecified infrastructure targets but caused no deaths. The attack comes just as life in Kyiv had begun to resemble a kind of normality, after Russia decided to concentrate its forces in the east.

Meanwhile, fighting continues in Donbas. Counterattacks carried out by Ukrainian forces in the eastern city of Sievierodonetsk might be negating some of the advances made by attacking Russian troops, Britain’s Ministry of Defence has said in an intelligence update.

The governor of the Luhansk region, Serhiy Haidai, said on Ukrainian television on Sunday that the city was now divided in half between Ukrainian and Russian forces after Russian troops were forced back from some areas they previously held.

#Kyiv #Ukraine #Russia

Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/deutschewelleenglish?sub_confirmation=1

For more news go to: http://www.dw.com/en/
Follow DW on social media:
►Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deutschewellenews/
►Twitter: https://twitter.com/dwnews
►Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dwnews
Für Videos in deutscher Sprache besuchen Sie: https://www.youtube.com/dwdeutsch
/a>